Spent a pleasant, relaxing week in South-West Turkey from Wednesday 3rd April to Wednesday 10th April. Went with my wife and highly recommend it as a nice, chilled-out getaway for couples (if, like us, you go off-season). Here's our itinerary which came together really well for us alhamdulillah:
- Wed 3rd morning - Flew direct from London Stansted to Dalaman Airport with easyJet.
- Wed 3rd afternoon - Got a taxi ride - booked beforehand with holidaytaxis.com - from Dalaman Airport to Dalyan Resort.
- Wed 3rd evening - Got some rest then went out for dinner at Safran Restaurant, a short walk from Dalyan Resort.
- Thu 4th - Walked around in town popping in and out of cafes etc and catching the daytime prayers at the main Masjid in town. We both loved the Masjid!
- Fri 5th - Caught a one-day boat trip along Dalyan River which we booked the day before and which dropped us off at the various site around Dalyan. Iztuzu Beach we found to be particularly outstanding.
- Sat 6th morning/afternoon - lounged about in Dalyan Resort sitting by the river adjoined, and popped into town for some gift shopping.
- Sat 6th evening - Got a taxi ride from Dalyan Resort to our second town/hotel: Villa Asina in Datca. The taxi ride was booked via Villa Asina.
- Sun 7th, Mon 8th, Tue 9th - Took it easy and enjoyed the views of the sea from Villa Asina and from the harbour in town.
- Tue 9th evening - Got a taxi ride from Villa Asina in Datca to our hotel in Dalaman to be close to the airport for our flight the following morning.
I uploaded some pictures of our trip to my flickr account here.